Throwing a spooky Halloween party? Try this:
Simply add a glow stick inside a water balloon and place it in a stocking or hang it from a wire/string.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Here are a few unique projects I found online to add a little excitement to the ordinary decorations during the fall season.
2. Easy, Last Minute Pumpkins
|Source: Family Fun Magazine, Ronald Andren /www.parents.com|
Thursday, October 9, 2014
She wasn't just my mom. She was my best friend and biggest cheerleader. It'll be five years this February since my mother lost her battle with breast cancer.
A woman battling breast cancer reached out to Sue Wilson, co-host of the Wynn and Wilson morning show, to request a possible tutorial on how to create a an"after chemo no hair on my head" scarf.
My reply: Of course!
I had to look around to find a unique way to create a fun look, yet simple. YazTheSpaz89 gives us a great option:
Here's another simple look:
Posted by Amani Abraham at 4:23 AM
Thursday, October 2, 2014
My scarf obsession continues...
Last week, I shared some DIY tips related to scarves. This week, I'm taking it a little further and bringing you a couple of unique ideas.
Don't think of your scarf as just a piece of material to keep you cozy during the winter months. You would be surprised as to what you can use a scarf for in your everyday life.
1. Use it as a strap for your camera.
2. Use it to create a simple handbag.
Posted by Amani Abraham at 3:56 AM
Thursday, September 25, 2014
If you're like me -- you can't get enough of scarves. The fall season is simply the best time of the year to start incorporating it into your wardrobe. Below are a few ways you can create a scarf using your very own materials at home.
1. Double-braided scarf:
2. DIY - Sweater/T-Shirt Scarf
How can you feed your scarf addiction without having to spend money? Reuse your old sweaters or t-shirts by turning them into a scarf. Simply cut off the top of your shirt -- leaving only the bottom square portion.
3. Scarf Vest
You don't always have to wear your scarf around your neck. Try something different. Take a large scarf, fold it in half, and tie the two ends together. That's it! Try it!
Posted by Amani Abraham at 3:48 AM
Thursday, September 18, 2014
1. Spice up your light switch...
2. It can be expensive to purchase a home entertainment cabinet to go along with your new flat screen television. Try this idea to create a more uniform look and add a little color and style to a room.
3. Use a photo frame to hold your recipe card. This is a great to keep the recipe card away from any accidents in the kitchen and also a wonderful addition to your home decor....
Posted by Amani Abraham at 4:00 AM